Most people cannot tell whether building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them. Asbestos Awareness training is essential for any worker in construction or related industries where asbestos containing materials may be present. The purpose of this training is to provide participants with the general knowledge and skills to be able to identify and have an awareness of asbestos within the workplace.
This course is not designed to give or provide the participant with sufficient information or training to undertake the removal of asbestos.
We alternate between morning and afternoon sessions:
- Morning: 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Afternoon: 1.00pm to 5.00pm
$140 per person or $80 with CITB Discount
- Identify relevant WHS Legislation, WHS Regulations and Codes or Practice that apply to asbestos
- Explaining what asbestos is and where is it has commonly been used
- Identifying likely asbestos containing material
- Properties of asbestos and identifying asbestos types and conditions
- Knowing health effects of exposure relating to the use and handling of asbestos materials
- Identify the uses of asbestos
- Identifying when a license is required when removing asbestos
- WHS requirements and hazard control measures for working with asbestos
Upon successful completion of the course:
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Classroom Based - All of our short courses are delivered in a classroom setting where open discussion and questions with the trainer are encouraged.
Practical Training Centre - Our unique facility offers everything that any organisation or individual worker could need to conduct, or participate in, specialist industry training in one place.
Industry Experienced Trainers - All of our trainers and assessors have worked in their respective fields, meaning they can bring a bevy of real world knowledge into their teaching.
DOWNLOADS & LINKS: