This course is designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to undertake Boom Type Elevating Work Platform operation in accordance with Safe Work Australia`s National Standards for Licencing Persons performing High Risk Work (April 2006)
This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a boom-type Elevating Work Platform (EWP) where the length of the boom is 11 metres or more in accordance with all relevant legislative requirements. Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a HRWL licence to operate this plant. Boom-type elevating work platform means a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device, or any combination of these, used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated.
A person performing this work is required to hold a boom-type elevating work platform High Risk Work Licence (HRWL).
- Must be 18 years of age or above to undertake assessment
For information on the SafeWorkSA High Risk Licence please click here.
8.00am to 5.00pm, 2 day course
$520 per person or $220 with CITB Discount
CITB discount subject to change without notice
- Work planning and preparation
- Hazard management
- Set up and operate EWP
- Emergency procedures
- Conduct routine checks
- Locating equipment in place for work
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for competency unit TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length of 11m or more)
- Interim Notice of Satisfactory Assessment for a licence to perform High Risk Work and a Tax Invoice payable to SafeWork SA for the lodgement of the new national High Risk Licence
Classroom Based - All of our short courses are delivered in a classroom setting where open discussion and questions with the trainer are encouraged.
Practical Training Centre - Our unique facility offers everything that any organisation or individual worker could need to conduct, or participate in, specialist industry training in one place.
Industry Experienced Trainers - All of our trainers and assessors have worked in their respective fields, meaning they can bring a bevy of real world knowledge into their teaching.