This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work. Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit. Relevant work health and safety state and territory regulatory authorities should be consulted to confirm jurisdictional requirements.
9.00am to 4.00pm
$110 per person
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Orally reporting common construction hazards
- Understanding basic risk control measures
- Identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies
- Correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for competency unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- Wallet size White Card
Classroom Based - All of our short courses are delivered in a classroom setting where open discussion and questions with the trainer are encouraged.
Practical Training Centre - Our unique facility offers everything that any organisation or individual worker could need to conduct, or participate in, specialist industry training in one place.
Industry Experienced Trainers - All of our trainers and assessors have worked in their respective fields, meaning they can bring a bevy of real world knowledge into their teaching.
DOWNLOADS & LINKS: