This Level 1 course is an introductory course for those elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSR`s) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (DHSR`s) who have not received any prior training. This course will provide an introduction to the role of an HSR or DHSR and the processes of representing workers in their work group and how to identify and resolve workplace health and safety issues and provide the HSR and DHSR an understanding of their legal obligations and the concepts of the legislation.
9.00am to 4.30pm (5 Day Course)
$850 per person or $450 with CITB Discount
- Introduction to Work Health and Safety
- Work Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Roles, duties and responsibilities of a HSR or DHSR
- Using the Work Health and Safety Regulations
- Risk and Hazard Management
- Incident Investigation
- Work Health and Safety issues consultation and conflict resolutions
- Work Health and Safety Committees
- Function of SafeWork SA
- Provisional improvement notices (PINs)
Upon successful completion of the course:
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Classroom Based - All of our short courses are delivered in a classroom setting where open discussion and questions with the trainer are encouraged.
Practical Training Centre - Our unique facility offers everything that any organisation or individual worker could need to conduct, or participate in, specialist industry training in one place.
Industry Experienced Trainers - All of our trainers and assessors have worked in their respective fields, meaning they can bring a bevy of real world knowledge into their teaching.
DOWNLOADS & LINKS: