SWMS ARE NOW MANDATORY
The WHS Act and Regulations SA (2012) requires people undertaking high risk construction work to ensure that Safe Work Method Statements are prepared and accessible to all persons prior to work commencing.
Topics covered include;
- Risk Management principles and legislative responses
- Hazard management identification and assessment
- Writing and reviewing a SWMS
- Checking SWMS for compliance
- Toolbox meetings
- Complete a JSA
You will learn how to;
- Break down your activities into sequential steps
- Identify hazards associated with each step
- Assess the level of risk associated with these hazards
- Apply the risk control hierarchy to nominate control measures
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of control measures
Upon successful completion of the course:
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Classroom Based - All of our short courses are delivered in a classroom setting where open discussion and questions with the trainer are encouraged.
Practical Training Centre - Our unique facility offers everything that any organisation or individual worker could need to conduct, or participate in, specialist industry training in one place.
Industry Experienced Trainers - All of our trainers and assessors have worked in their respective fields, meaning they can bring a bevy of real world knowledge into their teaching.