The purpose of this training is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to apply the provisions of the WHS Act 2012 and WHS Regulation 2012 and in the context of their work, by providing the participant with the knowledge and skills to be able to handle and use hazardous substances safely, and to prevent workplace accidents.
It also aims to develop the appropriate attitudes needed to enable participants to be effectively involved in the process of hazardous substances management, including identification, assessment and control of risks.
We alternate between morning and afternoon sessions:
- Morning: 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Afternoon: 1.00pm to 5.00pm
$140 per person
- Describe the WHS Legislation, Regulations and Codes or Practice relating to the
- Label and Safety Data Sheet standards (16 Section review)
- Describe the health and safety effects relating to the use of hazardous substances
- Participate in hazard identification, risk assessment and control as it relates to
- Assess risks relating to the use of hazardous substances and associated tasks in the workplace
- Control risks relating to hazardous substances and associated tasks in the workplace
- Select and use required personal protective equipment conforming to industry and WHS standards
- Hazardous chemicals register and training records
Upon successful completion of the course:
- You will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Classroom Based - All of our short courses are delivered in a classroom setting where open discussion and questions with the trainer are encouraged.
Practical Training Centre - Our unique facility offers everything that any organisation or individual worker could need to conduct, or participate in, specialist industry training in one place.
Industry Experienced Trainers - All of our trainers and assessors have worked in their respective fields, meaning they can bring a bevy of real world knowledge into their teaching.
DOWNLOADS & LINKS: